We encourage students to pursue their interests, discover their strengths, and find their purpose. Our elementary programs will ensure your child has the toolkit necessary to thrive at the middle school and high school level.
Your child's elementary years are the basis for how they will learn throughout the rest of their lives. From their very first day of school, Hopkins students are immersed in a learning environment that is responsive, academically rigorous, and supportive. Our six elementary schools serve students in preschool through sixth grade.
Beyond the basic skills of literacy, math, sciences, social studies, physical education, and the arts, individual student needs are important. We meet those needs through:
- Personalized Learning
- Spanish and Chinese language immersion options
- Spanish instruction begins in kindergarten
- Schoolwide Enrichment (formerly called talent development)
- STEM curriculum and technology-rich learning environments
- Orchestra and band
- Special education
- English Language Learners (ELL) programming
- Outdoor Learning
- Other support systems — nurses, guidance counselors, and social workers
Hopkins places a priority on world language and STEM to set students up to have a brilliant future.